The Auth-Code or transfer key is the essential requirement for most TLDs if the reseller would like to transfer a domain from the current registrar. The Auth-Code ensures that the usage of the domain management is with the verified person, avoiding any breach of contract or unauthorized usage of the domain.
Most automated TLDs Auth-Codes can be retrieved via the partner portal. Every reseller associated with Ascio has login credentials to log in to the partner portal and retrieve the Auth-Codes.
Updating the auth code
- Log in to the Ascio partner portal.
- From the left side panel, go to Domains followed by Search.
- Insert the domain name in the search box and press Search domains.
- Select the small box beside the domain name to activate the Manage menu above the domain.
- Select Auth info from the Manage dropdown.
- Press Validate.
- Press Submit to create the order.
- Once the order has been completed, you can get the details of the auth code from the system.
- Search the domain under Domains, Search again and click on the domain name.
- From the right side, the section Domain Data will open. You can find the Auth-Code under Domain Details.
Article is closed for comments.